Thursday 13 October 2011

19 Days sober

The day after I drank the one beer I went out and bought more.  I drank them all.  I was drunk for two days straight.  That's when I realized I need more help than I currently have.  I called my parents (drunk) and told them I was drinking again.  They assumed that I had stopped back in 2009.  I hadn't.  I just told them that I did.  So of course I lied to them and told them I had been sober for a year and had only started drinking in the last few months. 

My mum was really supportive and asked what she could do to help me.  I kept apologizing over and over again.  She kept responding with "It's not your fault, you're sick, we'll get you the help you need."
Then she put my dad on the phone.  I apologized and he said sorry doesn't cut it. You need to take responsibility for your actions.  I kept trying to explain in my drunken stupor that this is what I was doing by telling them.  He yelled at me a bit more and then hung up.  Thanks dad, that doesn't make me want to drink again. 

At 3:48 am, September 24th I stopped drinking.  I've been sober ever since.  I know 19 days doesn't seem like a lot but it's a hell of a lot better than 1 day, or 0 days.  I'm proud of myself.  It's still really fucking hard but my friends and family have come through.  I'm getting the support I need.  I'm also going to go to rehab.  I'll write more about that later.

I'VE BEEN SOBER FOR 19 DAYS AND IT FEELS AWESOME!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We are so pleased to hear about your progress! Congratulations! You are well on your way to being able to say you've been one month sober. We will continue to read about your progress. You're taking all the necessary steps towards a healthy recovery.

    ReplyDelete